The Workforce Solutions of West Central Texas Board is seeking applicants for the Regional Workforce Outreach VISTA Coordinator. The AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) program helps organizations build capacity and serve the community. AmeriCorps VISTA members spend one year serving full-time for a small stipend and make a lasting difference where they work! In an effort to reduce poverty and influence the overall well being of West Texas residents, the Regional Workforce Outreach VISTA Coordinator will engage in regional outreach activities and develop tools and strategies to encourage rural and low-income students and adult learners to utilize and register in the state job matching system as a career resource. The application deadline is Friday, November 9, 2018.
Information on project objectives and work activities can be found in the full job posting. Applicable skills include:
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- Technology and content creation for traditional, digital, and social media use
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
Experience in education, economic development, marketing/public relations, youth or adult training programs or workforce development programs is preferred. Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is strongly preferred.